This page was last updated in April 2018
DhammaSindhu is situated near the small village Bada, 22 km west of the port city of Mandvi, in Kutch district of Gujarat state.
- Phone: + 91-2834-273303
- Mobile: +91-7874623305
From Mumbai (Bombay)
1. By Air
Bhuj Airport to DhammaSindhu, is 85 km. Kandla Airport to DhammaSindhu is 125 km.
2. By Train
The western railway runs four trains from Mumbai to Bhuj.
- No. 19131 – Kutch Exp. runs Daily takes about 16 hrs
- No. 19115 – BDTS – Bhuj Exp. Daily takes abt. 17 hrs
- No. 22903 – Bhuj AC SF Exp. Thrice a week takes abt. 14 hrs
- No. 12959 – Dadar Bhuj Exp Twice a week takes 18 hrs
Please visit http://erail.in/ for detailed info & booking etc. During the summer & Diwali holidays, special trains are also available.
From Gandhidham Railway Station
DhammaSindhu is 125km from here. You can hire a private taxi straight to center, or opt for share-taxis to Mandvi, Rs 100/- per head. ST buses to Mandvi are available. ST bus depot is 5 minutes from railway station.
Ranawala family at Gandhidham helps meditators reach DhammaSindhu comfortably. Prior intimation to them is advisable to Hitesh Ranawala
- Mobile: 094262 14531
- E-mail:[email protected]
- Phone: 02836-220141 (office) / 02836-223654 (resi)
From Bhuj Railway Station
One may hire a private taxi straight to the center or may opt for share-taxis to Mandvi, Rs.70/-per head. These charges are of April 2018 & keep on increasing with time. Or to reach the city proper Bhuj S.T. station is five-minute ride from the train station. Hire a rickshaw.
If one prefers traveling by bus, it is advisable to take bus to Mandvi, not to Bada. (There is one Bhuj to Bada bus & it takes 5 hours to reach. ) The route from Bhuj to Mandvi is 58 km, and from Mandvi to Bada is 26km. You will have to change buses at Mandvi for Bada.
Share-Taxis (called Toofan locally ) operate very frequently on Bhuj-Mandvi route.
When in Bhuj, please contact:
- Arun Dholakia
- Mobile: 098253 20551
- E-mail : [email protected]
- Dr. Prabhudas Patel:
- Mobile: 094274-33534
- Phone: 02832- 255218 if needed.
When in Mandvi, please contact:
- Punit Soni:
- Mobile: 9974575660
- Samantsinh Sodha
- Mobile: 9825422524
Mandvi to Bada journey (26 km)
- Share rickshaws to Bada operating from Azad chowk of Mandvi.
- Share rickshaws to Layja. These are more frequent + preferred & then one can get rickshaws from Layja to Bada, just 7 kms.
- Rickshaws & Taxis are also available near Mandvi ST depot. It is a five-minute walk to the center from the Bada village’s bus stop.
From New Delhi
- Train no. 14321 BE Bhuj Exp. runs 4 days a week. Travel time is about 23 hrs.
- No. 14311 Ala Hazrat Exp. runs 3 days a week. Travel time is about 27 hrs.
For more info, please visit: http://erail.in/
Overnight sleeper buses are more preferable to trains. These sleeper buses start around 9 pm onwards & bring you to Bhuj next day around 6 am. While the trains are available at 1 & 2 pm in the night & reach Bhuj next day at 8 or 9 am.
These private luxury buses start from Paldi area of Ahmedabad. The preferred private luxury bus operators for Ahmedabad Bhuj/Mandvi route are :
Some Luxury buses coming from Ahmedabad to Bhuj are extended up to Mandvi. HK Travel’s bus from Ahmedabad is extended up to Layja village, just 7 km from Center
“May you reach DhammaSindhu comfortably & have best fruits of Dhamma”